- If you have applied for admission to both UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan, you will need to submit separate applications for housing to each campus.
- Admission to UBC's academic programs and to residence are separate. You must apply for each individually. You do not have to be admitted to UBC before you apply for residence.
- To be assigned to residence as an undergraduate, you must be registered in winter session for a minimum of 18 credits (9 credits per term). If you are a graduate student, the Faculty of Graduate Studies must confirm your full-time status.
- For your best chance at receiving an assignment, make sure your application arrives at our office on or before May 1, 2013.
- We accept online or faxed applications with credit card payments only. Please send one application only.
Online application: Applicants who choose to apply on-line for housing must apply first for admission to UBC because you will need your UBC reference number (ID) and PIN (personal identity number) which is set to your birthdate (yymmdd) when you apply for housing online. However, you do not have to be admitted to UBC before you apply for residence.
Residence Application Info
Students entering UBC, or students not enrolled at UBC during the 2012-2013 academic year:
Places in residence are set aside for many of you. To see if you qualify for Priority Access, read on
For your best chance at receiving an assignment, make sure your application and supporting documentation (if applicable) are received by May 1, 2013.
Residence Allocation Process for current UBC Students:
Current UBC students will be able to apply for Residence Allocation Process by completing an application and submitting a $50 non-refundable application fee by February 1, 2013. A computer program will randomly select enough participants to fill the available spaces, and a waitlist will be created from the RAP participants who are not selected. More info...
Can I come and stay for Term 1 only?
The only people who can stay for Term 1 only are those students leaving for a UBCO sanctioned exchange program like Go Global, Co-op placement, or you have completed all your degree requirements.