Students will receive a check out envelope from their RA shortly before their move out date. Students are required to move out 24 hours after their last exam, or on the last move out date, whichever is earlier.
Students moving out before the end of term need to submit a cancellation request. See the Residence Contract for cancellation policies.
Check Out Checklist
- Prepare to vacate on the date listed on the front of your check out envelope.
- Disconnect service providers you have contracted (Telus, Shaw, Rogers, etc).
- Get mail redirected. Mail received after your move out will be returned to sender.
- Your laundry card & any remaining balance are non-refundable.
- Ensure all outstanding balances for housing/meal plan are paid in full.
Pack And Clean
- Remove all your belongings & garbage. Items left in your room are considered abandoned and will be removed at your expense.
- Create a cleaning plan with your roommates. If applicable, cleaning and damage charges are divided between roommates for shared spaces.
- Clean your unit by following the cleaning lists available at the right to avoid cleaning charges. Below is a condensed list.
Clean All Rooms (bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, hallways, living rooms, etc)
- Floors - vacuum carpet, sweep and wash linoleum.
- Walls & baseboards - remove posters, tape, etc. wipe down, dust & spot clean.
- Blinds, Heat/Air Conditioning unit - wipe down. Ensure window screen is in place.
- Wipe down all furniture surfaces, inside & out, vacuum & spot clean upholstery.
- Ensure all furniture is in correct placement.
- Place your bed frame is in the 4th notch from the bottom of each bed post. Rubber mallets can be borrowed from your RA.
- Shower, toilet, sink, mirror, counter top, cabinets - thoroughly clean all surfaces inside & out.
- Sink, counter, cabinets, backsplash & all appliances (stove, fridge, microwave)
- Thoroughly clean surfaces inside & out.
Please follow these guidelines to avoid possible cleaning, damage or key charges. Residents will be notified of any assessed fees by email.
- Shut off lights, turn down heat/AC, close your window/curtain/blind, lock all windows & doors.
- Complete the refund form for mandatory meal plans, if applicable.
- Insert all residence keys/saltos and meal plan refund form into this envelope, seal, sign and date the front.
- Deposit this envelope through the mail slot located at the front entrance of the Student Housing & Hospitality Services office in the Nicola residence 24 hrs/day.
- After you check out of residence you are not permitted to return.