Internet access is available to students in all of our residence areas. You’ll notice that the type of service available varies between residences. Look for your residence area below to determine how you’ll connect from where you live.
Free download of Sophos anti-virus for UBC students
To protect your desktop from the latest viruses, please download Sophos anti-virus to your PC or Mac before arriving at residence. It is free for UBC students. Link to download.
ResNet connects student residences at UBC to the campus network and the internet. A port in each residencde room provides high speed access to the internet. The following residences have ResNet servcie and is included in the residence fees:
Totem Park, Place Vanier, Walter Gage, Ritsumeikan-UBC House, Fairview Crescent, Thunderbird Residence, Marine Drive Residence, Green College and St. John's College.
To learn more about ResNet, click here.
The UBC Wireless Network allows students, faculty and staff to check their e-mail, surf the Web and access the UBC network at high-speeds from almost anywhere on campus. To find out more about wireless service at UBC...
While ResNet Service (high speed ethernet) is provided in residents' rooms, wireless service is not. Wireless Internet Service is available in the following locations:
- Totem Park - Commonsblock and all study lounges
- Place Vanier Commonsblock
- Walter Gage Commonsblock
- Ritsumeikan-UBC House - classrooms, study rooms, activity room
- Marine Drive Commonsblock
- Fairview Crescent - Beanery Coffee House and the 3 study rooms adjacent to the laundry rooms
- Acadia Park - Acadia Highrise
- Fraser Hall - Study Lounge
- Green College- Graham House, Coach House, Green Commons
- St John's College - Social Lounge, Dining Hall
Telus High Speed Internet is available in Acadia Park.
High Speed Internet provided by Telus makes connecting to the Internet easy. High Speed Internet is separate from your phone line, so callers don’t get a busy signal while you’re online. More information...