Living on campus offers you:
- People and programs to support your academic success. Our Residence Advisor and Community Assistant staff organize programs to ease your transition to university life. Our study areas and quiet hours give you the time and space you need for your school work.
- New friends. Year after year, students tell us that making new friends and becoming a part of a community are some of the best things about living in residence. Our staff organize recreational and social activities that make it easy to get to know people.
- A safe and secure environment. Most residences have a front desk that is staffed 24 hours a day. Our Residence Advisors live in the residences. Two Translink community shuttles operate daily on campus. And numerous Campus Blue Phones will connect you with the push of a button to the Campus Security dispatcher. AMS Safewalk volunteers will accompany anyone between locations on campus at no cost.
- Support when you need it. Our Residence Advisors are on top of all the resources and supports UBC has to offer. When you have a problem, hit a snag or need to vent, a Residence Advisor can help. We offer support but not supervision, caring but not control.
- Opportunities for personal growth and leadership. You will be living with and learning from students who have diverse and interesting backgrounds, including students from other countries. You will also have the opportunity to take on leadership roles in your residence community.
UBC is building, and there are ongoing construction, renovation and maintenance projects occuring at or adjacent to most of our residences. UBC takes measures to ensure that prudent consturction practices are followed, but there may be noise, dust and temporary interruption of some services.
Place Vanier Residence