Accommodation Options for Self-Isolation
for Students in residence
It’s essential you have a safe and clean place to stay during your self-isolation, and that you abide by all mandatory self-isolation rules. If you cannot self-isolate in your long-term or existing accommodation, you must arrange for alternate accommodation. This could be on campus in one of the options listed below, or at an off-campus hotel or vacation home.
NOTE: Student Housing residents in shared units (any space that shares a washroom and/or kitchen with another student) – who must self-isolate due to travel, tracing or illness – are required to quarantine in a different, private space before moving into or returning to their shared unit.
This package has students covered for everything, from accommodation and meals, to support services and resources. It includes:
- A furnished room with access to a bedroom and washroom, as well as complimentary WiFi. One-person maximum occupancy. Housekeeping and laundry not available. More info on amenities, and what to pack, can be found here.
- Three meals a day, delivered through UBCO Food Services. More info here.
- Support services. Residence Life and other campus supports will be available to you virtually during this period. More information on available resources will be provided to you in a self-isolation guide upon check in.
Costs, Reservations and Terms
- Accommodation and Meals: $79 per day plus tax | $45 per day plus tax (subsidized rate)
- Reservations are available on a first-come first-serve basis while capacity lasts. If you are unable to secure a reservation, you must book alternative self-isolation accommodation.
- If you have booked a UBC Self-Isolation Package and your arrival date has changed please contact us as soon as possible to ensure we can still accommodate your reservation.
- UBC Self-Isolation Package Non-Refundable Deposit: Reservations are subject to a 3 night non-refundable deposit (accommodation and meal plan).
- Self-Isolation Meal Plan Cancellation Policy: Once you have arrived, and at any point during your stay, 48 hours of notice is required to cancel your Meal Plan.
- UBC is offering a subsidized rate of $45 per day for students who indicate they are facing financial hardship during the registration / purchasing process. Available on a one-time-only basis. Taxes will be applied to the subsidized rate (if applicable).
- Starting in September 2021, residents able to self-isolate in their own units who indicate they are facing financial hardship during the registration / purchasing process can purchase a Self-Isolation Meal Plan at a subsidized rate of $15 per day by emailing email@example.com.
Transportation and transfers, such as airport pick up and transfer to longer-term accommodation, is not included.
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
Starting at $119.00 + tax a night. Price includes meals.
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport is the closest hotel to UBCO campus.
- This package includes accommodation, high-speed Internet access, complimentary transport from the airport to the hotel, free onsite parking, along with breakfast, lunch, and dinner delivered to the guestroom. More info here.
- Contact info: Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport | 1665 Innovation Dr., Kelowna, B.C. V1V 2Y9 | 250-765-9042 | More info here
Continued Stay After quarantine: $89+tax
Four Points by Sheraton at Kelowna Airport
UBC Preferred rate or Provincial Government Rate starting at around $129 + tax.
Borgata Lodge Vacation Rentals
Daily, weekly and extended stay rentals, including condos for families.
Coast Capri Hotel
Rooms with fridge, and breakfast delivered daily until May. Contact for applicable rates.
Comfort Suites Kelowna
Daily, weekly and extended stay rentals, including suites. Contact for applicable rates.
Other Hotels, Motels and B&Bs
Most of Kelowna’s hotels are open, although some amenities may be closed, such as fitness rooms and swimming pools. Please be sure to indicate to the hotel staff or host in advance that you are seeking a place to stay while self-isolating.
For families, a vacation rental may be a good choice during your self-isolation period. You should inform potential hosts that you will be renting their property to self-isolate. Ask if there is a separate entrance to the accommodation, and if there are any vulnerable individuals (65+ or immuno-compromised) on the premises. You may be asked by the border officer that you have ensured that you will not be in contact with such individuals. Ask if the landlord can provide basic cleaning supplies so you can clean upon arrival. Popular vacation rentals include Airbnb and VRBO.