Accommodation Options for your Stay
Self-isolation options for Students, Staff and Faculty
It is essential that you have a safe and clean place to complete your self-isolation period, and that you abide by all mandatory self-isolation rules.
If you cannot self-isolate in your long-term or existing accommodation, you must arrange for alternate accommodation. This could be on campus, in one of the options listed below, or at an off-campus hotel or vacation home.
UBC Student Housing residents moving into or returning to shared units (any space that shares a washroom and/or kitchen with another student), who must self-isolate due to travel, must self-isolate in a different, private space before moving into or returning to their shared unit.
If you are travelling and isolating with friends or family, contact UBC Conferences & Accommodation for on-campus options, or consider booking an off-campus vacation home or multi-suite hotel.
DO I NEED TO SELF-ISOLATE?
Travel, testing and quarantine (self-isolation) regulations may change frequently as a result of the global response to COVID-19. Before making travel plans and prior to travelling, be sure to review UBC’s Travelling to Canada Guide.
Please note that as per our COVID-19 Residence Rules, residents travelling to live in UBC Student Housing are not permitted to quarantine (or self-isolate) in a shared living environment.
In other words, if you are moving into or returning to a shared suite, that cannot be your quarantine plan. If you are moving into a room (single, connected-single, shared) in Orchard Commons, Place Vanier or Totem Park, that cannot be your quarantine plan.
$139 or $159 per night including breakfast and Wi-Fi. Learn More and Make a Reservation. To book by phone, call 604-688-1234.
Hotels that Accept Students 18 Years Old and Younger
For families, a vacation rental may be a good choice during your self-isolation period. You should inform potential hosts that you will be renting their property to self-isolate. Ask if there is a separate entrance to the accommodation, and if there are any vulnerable individuals (65+ or immuno-compromised) on the premises. You may be asked by the border officer that you have ensured that you will not be in contact with such individuals. Ask if the landlord can provide basic cleaning supplies so you can clean upon arrival. Popular vacation rentals include Airbnb and VRBO.
To inquire about making a reservation, please contact UBC Conferences and Accommodation:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-888-822-1030
- Furnished unit with unequipped kitchen and private washroom with shower. Complimentary WiFi, no air conditioning, no laundry, one-person maximum occupancy.
- Housekeeping services not provided, but bed linens, towel and soap provided on arrival.
- Personal and health supports including direct access to medical professionals and other wellbeing supports, even after-hours.
Costs, Reservations and Terms
- Rates are available upon request.
- Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis while capacity lasts. If you are unable to secure a reservation, you must book alternative self-isolation accommodation.
- If you have booked a UBC Self-Isolation Package and your arrival date has changed please contact us as soon as possible to ensure we can still accommodate your reservation.
- Non-Refundable Deposit: As of August 1st, 2021, reservations will be subject to a 3-night non-refundable deposit.
Transportation and transfers, such as airport pick up and transfer to longer-term accommodation, is not included.
Additional On-Campus Option
Student Housing and Family Suites | Details and costs available upon request
UBC Conferences & Accommodation manages a vast array of campus housing options. If you don’t see a package that meets your needs, or if you are travelling with family members and require specialized or additional services, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-822-1030 for more information and potential options.