Accommodation Options for your Stay
Self-isolation options for Students, Staff and Faculty
It is essential that you have a safe and clean place to stay during your self-isolation period, and that you abide by all mandatory self-isolation rules. If you cannot self-isolate in your long-term or existing accommodation, you must arrange for alternate accommodation. This could be on campus in one of the options listed below, or at an off-campus hotel or vacation home.
UBC Student Housing residents moving into or returning to shared units (any space that shares a washroom and/or kitchen with another student) who must self-isolate due to travel, tracing or illness must self-isolate for 14 days in a different, private space before moving into or returning to their shared unit.
If you are travelling and isolating with friends or family, contact UBC Conferences & Accommodations for on-campus options, or consider booking an off-campus vacation home or multi-suite hotel.
Complimentary for UBC Students Travelling to Canada!
The UBC Self-Isolation Package is free to students TRAVELLING TO UBC FROM OUTSIDE CANADA (hence required to self-quarantine) and who are not able to self-quarantine in their own accommodation. Meals are included. One-time only for a maximum of 14-days. Duration of stay aligns with government's specifications. For instance, if the mandated self-isolation period is reduced to 8 days, the complimentary package will also be for 8 days.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Spaces are filling up quickly for the UBC Self-Isolation Package in December and January. Reservations are available on a first-come first-serve basis while capacity lasts. If you are unable to secure a reservation, you must book alternative self-isolation accommodation. If you have booked a UBC Self-Isolation Package and your arrival date has changed please contact us as soon as possible to ensure we can still accommodate your reservation.
UBC SELF-ISOLATION PACKAGE
Walter Gage | Max 14-Nights | Optional Meal Plan
This package has you covered for everything from accommodation and tasty meals, to support services and resources. It is free for students travelling to UBC from outside Canada (meals included) on a one-time only basis.
- Furnished one-bedroom unit with single bed, unequipped kitchen and private washroom with shower. Complimentary WiFi, no air conditioning, no laundry, one-person maximum occupancy.
- Housekeeping services not provided but bed linens, towel and soap provided on arrival.
- Optional meal plan includes three meals delivered daily. Preferred meal package (omnivore, carnivore, pescatarian or vegetarian) selected at the time of booking.
- Personal and health supports including direct access to medical professionals and other wellbeing supports, even after-hours. University staff will periodically check in on you, too — through the SI Ambassador Program.
Costs, Reservations and Terms
- Accommodation for 14-days: starting at $966 + tax
- Optional 14-day Meal Plan: $630 + tax
- To make a reservation, email email@example.com or call 1-888-822-1030. Spaces are filling up quickly for the UBC Self-Isolation Package in December and January. Reservations are available on a first-come first-serve basis while capacity lasts. If you are unable to secure a reservation, you must book alternative self-isolation accommodation.
- Reservations between December 15th and January 10th will only be accepted until December 7th. After December 7th, reservations will be accepted for stays prior to December 15th and after January 10th.
- If you have booked a UBC Self-Isolation Package and your arrival date has changed please contact us as soon as possible to ensure we can still accommodate your reservation.
Package provided by UBC Conferences & Accommodation. Complimentary for UBC students travelling to Canada (see details in boxes above). Transportation and transfers, such as airport pick up and transfer to longer-term accommodation, is not included
Additional On-Campus Option
Student Housing and Family Suites | Details and costs available upon request
UBC Conferences & Accommodations manages a vast array of campus housing options. If you don’t see a package that meets your needs, or if you are travelling with family members and require specialized or additional services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-822-1030 for more information and potential options
Hotels, Motels and B&Bs
Most Vancouver’s hotels are open, although some amenities may be closed, such as fitness rooms and swimming pools. Hotels, motels and B&Bs can be accessed through Tourism Vancouver, Booking.com and other online portals. Please be sure to indicate to the hotel staff or host in advance that you are seeking a place to stay while self-isolating.
Many hotels in Vancouver are offering special 14-day self-isolation packages to the general public. We’ve listed several options here, all of which need to be booked directly with the hotel.
The Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport is located near the Vancouver airport at 10720 Cambie Road. In-room dining is available for an additional fee. Breakfast is included for an additional $140 + tax. Must be 18 years or older to book. Complimentary shuttle service available by calling the hotel at 1-888-831-3388 or at 604-821-1818. Must wear a mask. Please call the hotel directly to make a reservation at 604-821-1818 or at Toll-free 1-888-831-3388 and use group code ISOTHUBC.
The Residence Inn Vancouver, featuring newly-renovated studio suites with fully-equipped kitchens, is located in downtown Vancouver at 1234 Hornby Street. Meal Plan options are available for additional fees. $100 Uber Eats credit included. Must be 18 years or older to book. 20% discount on laundry.
The Radisson Hotel is located near the Vancouver airport at 8181 Cambie Road. In-room dining is available for an additional fee. Must be 18 years or older to book. Complimentary shuttle service available by calling the hotel front desk at 604-276-8181. The rates start at $1,610 with no breakfast or $1,946 with breakfast (plus tax)
The Exchange Hotel is located in downtown Vancouver at 475 Howe Street. In-room dining is available for an additional fee. Must be 19 years or older to book. No shuttle service. Hotel is 5 min. walk from Waterfront Station (Skytrain).
The YWCA, located at 733 Beatty Street, Vancouver, is offering special room rates for self-quarantine. More information here.
For families, a vacation rental may be a good choice during your self-isolation period. You should inform potential hosts that you will be renting their property to self-isolate. Ask if there is a separate entrance to the accommodation, and if there are any vulnerable individuals (65+ or immuno-compromised) on the premises. You may be asked by the border officer that you have ensured that you will not be in contact with such individuals. Ask if the landlord can provide basic cleaning supplies so you can clean upon arrival. Popular vacation rentals include Airbnb and VRBO.
Contact UBC Conferences & Accommodation at email@example.com or 1-888-822-1030.